The Mission Support Group is responsible for raising funds and publicising the work of missions and charities that we support.
The Group maintains the relationship with our link partners shown below (follow the links for more information). St Peter’s PCC gives financial support to these three organisations (One tenth of the planned giving each year, divided equally).
- John Marrow of The Church Army who aim to bring hope by helping people live life to the full and transforming their lives and communities with the Good News of the gospel.
- Chris & Suzy Wilson from CMS (Church Mission Society)
- The Kings Arms a charity that has been set up to meet the needs of the young people of Petersfield and the surrounding villages
The group holds a number of activities during the year including Lent and occasional Market day lunches, coffee mornings in the Pop-in club and in people’s homes.
Details of events can be found in the Parish Diary.
The group supports a wide range of charities, further details of which can be found through the links below.
- The Leprosy Mission
- Mission Aviation Fellowship
- Barnabas Fund
- MAANA (Mozambique and Angola Anglican Association)
- Papua New Guinea Church Partnership
- Missions to Seamen
- Sudan Church Association
- Ride & Stride
A brief article is written in The Rock about various aspects of the group’s activities each month. In addition, two or three mission speakers are invited each year for meetings and to address the congregation at the Sunday Eucharist.
Other Charitable Giving
St Peter’s also participates actively in a number of charity collections, most significantly during Christian Aid Week and the Children’s Society cashbox scheme. If you would like to have a cashbox at home to help put your loose change to a good cause please contact the Parish Office on 01730 260213 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.