Messy Church is an international movement, adopted by Petersfield Area Churches Together (PACT), to make Jesus accessible to a wider range of the individuals in and around Petersfield.
It meets, in the Methodist Church, from 15:30 -18:00 on the 3rd Tuesday each month, except for August (when there is a PACT Messy Church Holiday Club ) and December (when St Peter’s hold a Messy Christmas). For full details of meeting times and further information on what goes on during a PACT Messy Church session please follow the link to Messy Church in Petersfield.
What Messy Church IS:
- Messy Church is a form of church for children and adults that involves creativity, celebration and hospitality.
- It typically includes a welcome, a long creative time to explore the biblical theme through getting messy; a short celebration time involving story, prayer, song, games and similar; and a sit-down meal together at tables.
- It’s all-age.
- It’s fun.
- It’s a church for people at all stages of their faith journey and of any age.
- It aims to introduce Jesus, to give an opportunity to encounter him and to grow closer to him.
What Messy Church ISN’T:
- Just for children.
- A club. It welcomes everyone, involves everyone, values everyone, is always there for the outsider. It’s a church.
- A way of getting people to come to church on Sunday. Messy Church is interdependent with established church, but will usually operate as a separate congregation or church.
- Just for church families.