There are many wonderful venues for a wedding, but the church offers more. We want to help your wedding to be perfect, and to support you before, during and after the day.
Here are some questions people ask about getting married in church.
Who can get married at St Peters?
- Live or have ever lived in the parish
- Were baptised or confirmed in St Peter’s
- Have ever regularly gone to church at St Peter’s
- Have parents who have lived in the parish in your lifetime
- Have parents who have ever regularly gone to church at St Peter’s
- Have parents or grandparents who were married in St Peter’s
Do you have to have been baptised to get married in church?
What if I am divorced?
It is still sometimes possible to get married in church, so please talk to the Vicar
What happens next?
If you are interested in getting married in church, or just want to know more call us on 01730 260 213 or e-mail the Parish Office
One of the clergy will meet with you to set a date, and then as the day approaches, they will help you to plan the service, hymns, readings, and to prepare for your new life together as husband and wife. There will be a rehearsal in church in the week before the day.
Whether your wedding is in church or not, the church thinks marriage is wonderful and important, and will help and support you before your wedding, and all through your life together.
There’s more information about church weddings at www.yourchurchwedding.org
Your vicar: Rev’d Will Hughes